Leather Cases vs Waterproof Phone Cases
Your phone plays an enormous role in your life, especially in today’s modern and digital world. It’s one of the few things you can’t leave your house without -- no matter where you’re headed, what you’re doing, or why you’re doing it. Wherever you go, your phone follows suit.
As important as they are, your phone is subject to a wide amount of damage if not protected properly. Dropping it, exposing it to extreme temperatures, and exposing it to water are some of the most common ways people damage their phone on a daily basis.
Of course, a broken or damaged phone is the last thing any cell phone owner wants. That’s why many people opt for a stylish and functional cell phone case to ensure their prized possession remains in outstanding condition long-term. The problem is you have plenty of choices to choose from.
Two of the most popular choices are leather cases and waterproof phone cases. Since each one comes with their own benefits and downfalls, you have to weigh your option to ensure you select the phone case that fits your lifestyle the best.
So, Should You Consider A Leather Or Waterproof Phone Case?
When choosing between a leather phone case and a waterproof phone case, it’ll largely come down to what you need that phone case to do. Not everyone wants the same thing out of their phone case, which can make this process a little difficult -- considering the options you’re given.
For example, leather phone cases are often reserved for those that want style. They give your phone that classic, timeless look that matches any outfit and personality. At the same time, it’s not going to add enough protection against water damage or dropping your phone.
On the other hand, a waterproof phone case is reserved for those that want function out of their phone case. You won’t get that leather look that we’ve all grown to love, but you will be protected from water damage -- which is important if your phone isn’t waterproof itself.
If you’re struggling to determine which one is best for you, don’t panic. We’re going to break down everything you need to know about each of these options, including the benefits and downfalls that come with them. Without further ado, let’s get started with waterproof cases!
Pros and Cons of Waterproof Cases
As we mentioned above, a waterproof phone case is excellent for those worried about water damage. They add a level of functionality to your expensive smartphone and allow you to carry it without the risk of it breaking due to water. This protection is very valuable to those that are clumsy.
Let’s first take a look at some of the benefits you receive when considering a waterproof cell phone case:
- Don’t have to worry about exposure to water damage.
- Won’t lose touchscreen functionality while underwater.
- Many waterproof cases are also shock-proof.
- Can use your phone anywhere, even when raining.
Now that we understand some of the benefits that come with a waterproof case, let’s take a look at some of the downfalls:
- Don’t have a lot of options when shopping waterproof cases.
- You’ll often have to sacrifice design and style.
- Waterproof cases are often bulky and weigh a lot.
- They won’t feel natural when holding the phone in your hands.
- Can be difficult to use the audio jack or charging port.
- Since the phone is sealed shut, you need to remove the case if you need to get to the phone.
- Very expensive.
- Many phones coming out these days are already waterproof.
There’s a lot to like about waterproof cases, but they’re certainly not meant for everyone -- especially if your phone is already waterproof. Believe it or not, waterproof phones are becoming much more popular as technology continues to advance.
Pros and Cons of Leather Cases
If a waterproof phone case doesn’t satisfy your needs, wants, or desires, there’s a better option out there -- a leather phone case. They give your phone the makeover and style upgrade that it needs, while also adding a minor layer of protection for those that want it.
Let’s take a quick look at the many different benefits that come with leather phone cases today:
- Very stylish and often matches the rest of your clothing or items.
- Leather is one of the most valuable materials in the world.
- You can get a leather case in just about any color these days.
- Helps your phone stay cool in high temperatures.
- Builds a patina that enhances the appearance over time.
- Feels right and natural when holding it in your hands
As wonderful as leather phone cases are, they aren’t perfect. Here are some of the downfalls with considering this type of cell phone case:
- Not all leather is made equal, so you need to know what you’re looking at.
- Leather often runs on the expensive side.
- You won’t find a lot of different designs when shopping leather.
- Not waterproof and difficult to repair when exposed to water damage.
- Requires extra care to maintain it long-term.
While they’re not perfect, a leather case can do a lot for your phone and will certainly turn heads when others catch a glimpse of it. Especially for those that already own a plethora of leather products inside their home and on their person, your leather case will fit right in!
Why Choose Black Brook Case?
In the modern world today, leather cases are everywhere. It’s the No. 1 choice among smartphone owners and will only become more popular as waterproof phones become more accessible. Eventually, everyone will have a waterproof phone and everyone will want a leather case to go with it.
At BlackBrook Case, we specialize in providing the best leather products you can find online or in-person. Our leather phone cases come in many different colors, designs, and functionalities. We also use premium full-grain leather, which is the best of the best when talking leather.
Our leather cases are available in black, tan, brown, red, pink, blue, green, gray, and much more. We have cases that double as a wallet, ones that come with a lanyard or hook, and others that have a snakeskin design (croco-patterned).