Choosing Between the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus
After a much anticipated wait Apple released two new iPhones (iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus )on September 12th and the iPhone x in November. The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are an improvement on last year’s iPhone 7 in terms of their cameras and faster processing speed.
The iPhone x, the most pricey of the three items, comes with a $1,000 price tag and Apple is attempting to price it not just as a phone but, also as more of a futuristic item. The iPhone x comes with several interesting new features. It is the first iPhone to feature an OLED screen and the images of this high tech screen run across the entire phone from edge to edge!
In addition, the iPhone x has removed the home screen and replaced it with what Apple is referring to as a Face ID. The iPhone x Face ID will scan your face as a means of allowing you access to your iPhone. This replaces the previously existent and typical login method of entering a password.
With three high tech phones to choose from, we here at Burkley Case thought it best to break things down a little further so that you our clients can make the perfect selection. When purchasing your phone, please remember that we have high end cases for all three phones.
iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8 Cases:
Why you may prefer the iPhone 8:
- Supports wireless charging via Qi-Compatible wireless charger. These chargers can be found in such places as Starbucks and late model cars.
- Faster processor than the iPhone 7.
- 12 megapixel camera with a 4k video capacity operating at speeds of 24, 30, or 60 FPS.
- Apple’s True Tone feature adjusts screen appearance to keep screen color temperature pleasant.
- It’s smaller size is easier to fit into your hand than the iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone x
Unlike the iPhone 8 Plus, the regular iPhone 8 is still relatively easy to use in one hand. The iPhone X should be too, but it’s also hundreds of dollars more expensive.
Why you may not prefer it:
- Only one rear camera.
- Its screen is smaller and more low resolution than the iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone x.
- Smaller battery than the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
The price of the phone is $699 for the 64 GB version an d$849 for the 256 GM. The color options are black, silver, and gold.
The iPhone 8 costs $699 for the 64GB model or $849 for 256GB.
It comes in black, silver, or gold.
Why you may prefer the iPhone 8 Plus:
- Has nearly every new feature of the iPhone x. This includes: processor, wireless charging, dual cameras and Portrait Lighting effects. The 5.5 inch LCD screen also features Apple’s exclusive True Tone.
- The iPhone 8 has a home button. This way you won’t have to stare at your phone to unlock it.
- Best battery life of the three phones.
- It’s 5.5 inch screen is actually wider than the iPhone X’s 5,8-inch screen.
Why you may not prefer the iPhone 8 Plus:
- Its screen is not as excellent as iPhone x’s.
- It is not very far away from the iPhone x in terms of price.
The iPhone 8 Plus’ cost is $799 for the 64GB model or $949 for 256GB. The phone comes in black, silver, or gold.
Why you might want to purchase the iPhone X:
- It is the most advanced of the three phones featuring both the largest (5.8-inch edge to edge screen) in addition to having a frame made of stainless steel.
- Comfortable to hold despite its size.
- Supports HDR video.
- Facial recognition software is utilized exclusively to open the phone.
- Portrait and Animoji modes are featured on the selfie camera complete with Portrait Lighting.
- Rear cameras will allow you to use the camera in darker scenarios.
Why you may not want to purchase this phone:
- The phone’s $1,000 price tag.
- There is no home button or Touch ID. You will need to look into the phone to open it.
- AppleCare+ will cost more than with other previous phones.
- It does not release until November.
The iPhone x will cost consumers $999 for the 64GB version of the phone and $1,149 for the 256GB version of the phone.
All three phones will feature the following: The same processor, same camera, same selfie camera, same video recording capabilities, wireless charging, according to Apple “The hardest glass ever in a smartphone, front and back, the same dust and water resistance, 3D touch, quick charging, 64GB and 256GB data storage options.
What do all three new iPhone models have in common?
- Same maximum screen brightness
- 3D Touch
- Fast charging
- 64GB or 256GB storage options
When making your choice of luxury phones, always remember, Burkley Case is the first name in luxury cases for the luxury lifestyle. You may purchase our cases before any other company offer them by clicking here, for the iPhone x:
…and here for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: