If you want to do your best to protect your laptop, then you need the best laptop sleeve available. Click here to find out which one will suit your laptop.
The best laptop sleeve provides both functionality and design. The sleeves bundled with laptop purchases or sold next to their displays are okay at best.
Do you really want to risk damaging your device because of a cheap sleeve?
Of course not.
There are better ones you should know. For a few extra bucks, you get elegant designs AND rugged features giving you peace of mind.
Which ones? You ask. Read on to find out.
The Best Laptop Sleeve: Considerations
You'd imagine selecting laptop protector sleeves were considering whether it protected your device. But, there's more to it like size, materials, and features.
Let's explore the considerations:
The sleeve's purpose is to protect your device. An oversized sleeve gives too much room for your device to move around. This "gap" can damage the device if dropped or knocked violently.
Likewise, a sleeve too fitting wouldn't allow enough "wiggle room." Ever shipped something wrapped too tight? It breaks because there's not enough cushion. The same happens if your laptop flattens the sleeve's protective layers.
How to measure a laptop sleeve?
- Retrieve the original laptop packaging and find the specs
- Measure the laptop's screen diagonally and compare sleeve designs
Most sleeves account the full size of the device, so a 14' sleeve is appropriate to a 14' laptop. Yet, measure the height, width, and depth. This gets a better representation when selecting sleeve sizes.
You'll find sleeves manufactured including several material types:
Synthetic materials, like polyester, are cheaply produced making them inexpensive and affordable. Yet, laptop sleeves made from these materials aren't durable. They do not offer the same level of protection found in nylon or leather.
Stronger materials, like leather, retail at higher prices but offer better protection.
Consider your day-to-day activities when comparing materials. Lighter, synthetic material is best for quick, light activity. Whereas heavier-duty plastic and leather are ideal for turbulence like with business travel.
A simple sleeve for laptops works well if you're wandering college campuses. But, there are several extra features to consider if you're heavily invested in business or travel.
- Velcro vs. Zippered -- Velcro is fine for quick transport. But, zippers offer better protection preventing devices from slipping out.
- Straps -- Some sleeves have optional strap attachments for easier travel, effectively turning it into a laptop bag.
- Storage -- Do you need to carry extras like a mouse, cable lock, or external hard drive? Some sleeves have pockets (inside/outside) for these items.
- Protection -- Shock absorbing cushions are a necessity. Others, like water resistance, are optional. Consider your day-to-day when carrying.
- Design -- Thinking about a cool design for the sleeve? Or, maybe keeping it simple and elegant because of business?
Remember: Extra features incur extra costs.
Finding the Middleground
Price and design play the big when choosing laptop sleeves for many owners. But, cheap sleeves and fancy graphics won't protect your laptop worth thousands. Why risk it?
Call us biased, but we believe our slim leather sleeves are best-in-class.
Our premium sleeve is made from genuine leather. This gives it ultimate protection from dents and scratches. And, furnishes a sleek, unique look fitting for everyday activities and business.
You were looking for the best laptop sleeve. You've found it!